Join our team
One current job opportunity:
Refugee Project Coordinator, Mercy Connect Ballarat
We are seeking a Co-ordinator of our Mercy Connect Ballarat project. Mercy Connect connects volunteers with students from refugee and asylum seeker backgrounds in primary and secondary schools across Ballarat. While providing assistance in the educational setting the primary focus is one of mentoring and socialization.
The Co-ordinator is required to liaise with the schools in providing volunteers appropriate to the situation. The volunteers require training and ongoing support.
Applicants will need:
- relevant qualifications and experience in an educational setting
- understand the needs of refugees and asylum seekers
- a capacity to make appropriate selection, then train and support volunteers in the school setting
- provide adequate resources for the volunteers
- excellent organisational skills
- a demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain people networks
- ability to work in a team environment
- excellent communication skills
- record keeping skills
- a current driver’s license and access to a car
This position is part time, working 2 days a week based in the Mercy Works office in Ballarat (VIC) and supported by 0.4 administration assistance.
Mercy Works is the development organisation of the Sisters of Mercy in Australia and Papua New Guinea. Even though we are a small not for profit organisation we are able to engage in supporting many communities in Australia, Papua New Guinea and Timor Leste in their efforts to promote the educational, health care and the social well-being of the most poor and marginalised in society. Our people work across these countries being sensitive to cultural variations and responding appropriately.
Mercy Works is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID) and is a charity registered with the Australian Charities and Not For Profits Commission (ACNC).
Mercy Works is a Public Benevolent Institution Employer, and as such can offer employees a remuneration package with tax benefits including salary packaging.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a National Criminal Record Check and child related screening.
If you are a passionate individual, committed to Mercy ethos and looking for your next career opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
Applications close January 29th 2018.